Friday 30 August 2013

Guest Post by Wonderful at Home - Asparagus and Sun-Dried Tomato Risotto

Hi! My name is Kristen, and I blog over at Wonderful at Home. I have the great pleasure of guest posting for The Cottage Diaries today! My husband and I are trying to get healthier, and take in more foods that are better for our reproductive health while we go through our fertility treatments, so I decided to make this very tasty dish, and share it with you all! I bet just by looking at this, your stomach is starting to grumble with hunger, so let’s get started! 



If the name of this dish doesn't immediately send you into the kitchen, trust me that the taste will.  Let's start gathering our ingredients. 

(Makes 4 servings)
2 cups of vegetable stock, and 2 cups of chicken stock
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 tbsp of butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
6-8 sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups of risotto rice
8 oz of fresh asparagus, cooked
salt and pepper
freshly grated Parmesan cheese

1. Finely chop the onion, and slice the sun-dried tomato and set aside
2. Bring the stock to a boil in a saucepan, then reduce the heat and simmer over low heat while you cook the risotto
3. Heat the oil and butter in a skillet. Stir in the onion and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the onion is golden brown
4. Reduce the heat and add the risotto. Mix to coat the grains in the oil and butter mixture. Cook, stirring continuously until the rice is translucent
5. Gradually add the hot stock with a ladle, stirring between each pour so the rice absorbs. Increase the heat to medium so that the liquid simmers. Add the salt and pepper. Cook for 25-30 minutes (most importantly, until the risotto is tender, the liquid is mostly absorbed but creamy.
6. While the risotto is cooking, cut your cooked asparagus spears into one inch pieces and slice. Fold into the risotto in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
7. Sprinkle in some Parmesan cheese and stir
8. Divide into warm serving bowls, and sprinkle more Parmesan cheese on top.

I hope you all love this dish as much as we do. I was pretty happy when my husband finished his last bite and said "I really want to eat the leftovers for lunch tomorrow!" - Yes! Winner Winner! 

Thank you for spending some time with Wonderful at Home today. I hope you will stop over and see me more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your lovely comments, they make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...