Thursday 28 June 2012

Baking Wednesday

Today I made a delicious caramel and cranberry slice.  For any caramel lovers out there, I must say this may become an addiction.  The caramel is so lovely and so sweet, but the cranberry balances it out.

Here is the recipe:

CARAMEL AND CRANBERRY SLICE 

Base: 
1½ cups flour 
1 tsp baking powder 
½ cup brown sugar 
125g butter, melted 

Combine the dry ingredients, then add the melted butter and mix well. Press the mixture into a greased small slice tin.

Filling: 
75g butter 
¼ cup (85g) golden syrup 
1 x 397g can sweetened condensed milk 
¼ cup coarsely chopped cranberries

Place the butter and golden syrup in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring.Remove from heat, stir in the condensed milk and cranberries. Pour the filling over the base.

Bake at 180ºC for 30 minutes. Allow to cool and
 decorate with chocolate drops and extra chopped cranberries, then cut into pieces.

Makes 24 pieces. 









1 comment:

  1. Yum! I've got to say, I'm a sucker for anything involving cranberries. Cranberries and caramel sounds like an interesting combination, I'll have to try it when I get home :)

    www.courtneysnook.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments, they make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...